The Arabian Horse Association (AHA) is seeking an individual for an internship position at the 2017 U.S. National Arabian & Half-Arabian Championship Horse Show in Tulsa, Oklahoma, from October 9-28, 2017.
The Arabian U.S. Nationals ranks as the most prestigious North American championship in the Arabian show horse industry. Amateur and professional riders or handlers will compete in halter, native costume, reining, working cow, cutting, trail, show hack, sidesaddle, park horse, driving and much more. U.S. Nationals is held at the Tulsa Expo Square from October 20-28 and is known for its grand scale and first-rate horsemanship skills seen at the show.
The show internship position will be a combination of event planning, marketing and show office tasks, giving the position a chance to learn numerous responsibilities that come with setting up and executing a large-scale horse show.
The internship position will assist with the following responsibilities before and during the event:
For the Director of National Events
- Unpacking and setup of horse show
- Organizing of sponsorship fulfillment
- Helping with horse show decoration
- Helping with the coordination of show vendors
For the National Events Show Secretary
- Unpacking and setup of horse show office
- Helping with the check in of horse show exhibitors
For the Youth and Family Programs Coordinator
- Finalizing horse list and contest classes for judging contest
- Helping to set up horse judging contest
- Assisting with handling of horses and organizing horses for horse judging contest
- Helping to organize awards for awards breakfast
- Helping with Awards Breakfast set up and execution
For the Director of Marketing
- Being a point of contact and assistance at the Arabian Horse Youth Association and BlueRoom booth during horse show
- Helping with social media posting throughout the horse show
- Helping with media coordination and press releases throughout the horse show
- Helping to take pictures to be used for promotion throughout the horse show
The U.S. Nationals internship position is a great position for a college student looking to gain real-world experience in the horse industry. The internship is a paid position. Travel, lodging and a meal per diem is also included for the duration of the internship. Interested candidates can send cover letters and resumes to Mikayla Boge at [email protected].
AHA is a major equine association serving 84,000 Arabian, Half-Arabian and Anglo-Arabian horse owners across North America. AHA registers and maintains a database of more than one million Arabian, Half-Arabian and Anglo-Arabian horses. AHA produces championship events, recognizes over 400 Arabian horse shows and distance rides and provides activities, education, and programs that promote breeding and ownership.