FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — JAN. 1, 2013 — American Paint Horse Association registration fee increases effective January 1 do not apply to online registrations, meaning horse owners can save money by completing their transactions online.
To register a horse online, log onto aphaonline.org and select “Foal Registration” from the drop-down bar at the right. Only the recorded owner of the dam at the time of foaling can register a foal online. Gather the following items needed to complete the online registration process:
- APHA membership identification number and pin
- Breeder’s certificate control number (Provided on the preprinted breeders certificate mailed to the stallion owner or can be obtained by clicking “Start” and “Find your BC;” then entering the registration number for the Sire/Dam and breeding year.)
- Quarter Horse or Thoroughbred mares must be enrolled for breeding.
- Breeding must be pre-released by the stallion owner.
- Digital photographs must be saved in a .jpg format
- Method of payment (Visa, Mastercard or American Express)
Online horse registrations can be completed in five steps:
- Enter the foaling details, like location foaled and sex of the horse.
- Horse identification information, like color, coat pattern, identification remarks.
- Name your horse, and provide 3 unique name choices.
- Upload your foal’s required photographs—all four sides.
- Upload additional photographs.
As with all transactions, APHA’s team of MemberCare professionals is ready to answer any questions. Before calling or emailing, check out the helpful hints page— aphaonline.org/APHAOnline/MYA/HHL.aspx—which answers the most commonly asked questions about online registration. If further assistance is required, call (817) 222-6423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For specific fee increases, see the 2013 fee schedule or the 2013 Official APHA Rule Book, available at apha.com/forms/rule-books.
Remember, horse registration applications submitted by members online will not be subject to the 2013 fee increases; the increases only apply to emailed, faxed and mailed registration applications.