The Certified Horsemanship Association (CHA) recently finished four more 2 – 5 minute safety videos that can be added to the 13 that have been produced so far. They can be found on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/chainstructor or at http://cha-ahse.org/store/pages/212/CHA-Horsemanship-Videos.html.
The topics of the videos include:
- Equine Vital Signs and How to Take Them
- Blanketing Your Horse
- Horseback Riding Rein Holds – Split rein hold, Romel rein hold, Direct rein hold and more!
- How to Use a Mounting Block Safely and an Alternate “Leg up”
The ones produced the past three years are:
- How to Perform a Safety Tack Check
- How to Saddle Correctly
- How to Bridle Safely
- How to Mount
- How to Fit a Helmet for Horseback Riding
- How to Pick a Horse’s Hoof Safely
- Fitting the Breast Collar and Back Cinch Correctly
- Fitting Boots – Sports Medicine Boots, Split Boots and Bell Boots
- Correct Riding Position
- Martingale Adjustment
- The Emergency Stop
- Danger Zones on the Ground
- The Emergency Dismount
“These professional videos were produced by CHA for the horse industry and the general public,” says CHA Chief Executive Officer Christy Landwehr. “Please feel free to embed them onto your websites free of charge so that we can all help get the word out about having fun safely with horses.”
The purpose of CHA is to promote excellence in safety and education for the benefit of the horse industry. CHA certifies instructors and trail guides, accredits equestrian facilities, publishes educational manuals, produces educational horsemanship DVDs and hosts regional and international conferences. For more information on the Certified Horsemanship Association, please visit www.CHA-ahse.org or call toll free 1-800-399-0138. To find a certified horseback riding instructor or accredited equine facility near you visit www.CHAinstructors.com.