June 21, 2013 — Riders4Helmets.com is pleased to announce that Lisa Lazarus, General Counsel for the Fédération Équestre Internationale (FEI), will join the list of speakers who will participate in “Get Educated” live webinars this Saturday, June 22, as part of International Helmet Awareness Day 2013.
Lazarus will discuss the FEI’s helmet rule that came into effect Jan. 1, 2013, and answer common questions with regards to the rule. The webinars will be streamed live, and equestrians will have the opportunity to ask each of the experts questions.
All USA times are Eastern Standard Time. You can sign up for the talks at https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/947493618. Space is limited, so be sure to sign up early. In case you miss the live webinars, we will be posting videos of them at Riders4Helmets.com post-event.
In addition to the “Get Educated” webinars, select equestrian retailers in Australia, Canada, Belgium, Germany, UK, USA and New Zealand will be offering special discounts on leading helmet brands June 22 only in support of International Helmet Awareness Day. You can find a participating retailer near you by visiting www.riders4helmets.com/ihad.
Helmet brands that have committed involvement in International Helmet Awareness Day 2013 are: Aegis (Devon-Aire), Antarès Sellier France, Aussie Rider, Champion Hats, Charles Owen, Dublin, Gatehouse, GPA, IRH, KEP Italia, LAS Helmets (LeslieSutcliffe.biz), One K, Ovation, Samshield, Troxel, Tipperary and Zilco, Participating helmet brands vary by country.
The full list of “Get Educated” speakers includes:
- 8 a.m. USA/1 p.m. UK – Lisa Lazarus, General Counsel, Federation Equestrian Internationale (FEI) “The FEI Helmet Rule – Your Questions Answered”
- 9 a.m USA/2 p.m. UK – Roy Burek, Charles Owen “Replacing Your Hat – What You Should Know”
- 10 a.m USA/3 p.m. UK – Jon Pitts, Fit To Ride “Improving Rider Safety, Performance and Confidence”
- 11 a.m USA/4 p.m. UK – Olympian Courtney King-Dye “The Importance of Helmets”
- Noon USA/5 p.m. UK – Dr Richard Timms, Troxel Helmets “Equestrian Accidents: Facts”
- 2.30 p.m. USA/7.30 p.m. UK – Dr Lola Chambless, Neurosurgeon Vanderbilt University Medical Center “Concussion In Equestrian Sport”
For more information on the Riders4Helmets campaign, visit www.riders4helmets.com. You can also follow the campaign at www.facebook.com/riders4helmets, http://twitter.com/riders4helmets and http://pinterest.com/riders4helmets/.
Riders4Helmets was founded in early 2010 after Olympic dressage rider Courtney King Dye was seriously injured in a riding accident. King Dye, who remained in a coma for a month following her accident, was not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident, and she is still undergoing rehabilitation.