Be part of the revolution at the 2016 PATH Intl. Conference and Annual Meeting, November 2 – 5, 2016 in the Revolutionary City, Williamsburg, Virginia! This conference, presented by title sponsor Purina, is the premier event in the equine-assisted activities and therapies field, and you won’t want to miss a single moment. We are excited about the number of educational sessions the conference offers. The keynote address on Thursday with Col. Gregory Gadson, decorated Army veteran, actor and motivational speaker, will have all of us saying “Huzzah!” Don’t miss any of the excitement and wonderful opportunities to network with friends, mentors and colleagues!
Make a Historical Vacation of It!
Colonial Williamsburg is the largest historical restoration in American history. Experience the town as it looked and felt more than 300 years ago in what the Travel Channel called a museum of moving parts. Visit wig-makers, potters, blacksmiths and taverns. Enjoy strolls down streets illuminated by gas lamps–but watch out for horse-drawn carriages!
Benefits of Being a PATH Intl. Lodge Guest
- Free parking at the hotel
- Complimentary wi-fi in guest rooms, public spaces and meeting spaces
- Free shuttle service from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. throughout the historic Revolutionary City
- Conference guests may purchase a discounted Historic Area ticket for $21.00, good from day of arrival to day of departure.
- The Spa of Colonial Williamsburg (across from the hotel) offers a free 2-hour bike rental so you can pedal the parkway for a scenic and car-free ride.
Things to Do in Williamsburg
- Drive the Colonial Parkway, a 23-mile scenic roadway stretching from the York River at Yorktown to the James River at Jamestown, connecting Virginia’s historic triangle of Jamestown, Williamsburg and Yorktown.
- Visit the DeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum and the Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum for American and British antiques from the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries and the African-American Quilts exhibit.
- Experience the firing of 18th-century firearms at the Colonial Williamsburg Musket Range.
- Meet a few ghosts during a one-hour walking tour of Williamsburg’s haunted properties, “Ghosts Amongst Us.”
- Download the Colonial Williamsburg Explorer app for an interactive map, daily events calendar, historic buildings, directions and more!
Registration for the PATH Intl. Conference, presented by title sponsor Purina, can be found at pathintl.org, as well as more information about conference sessions.
The Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (PATH Intl.) was formed in 1969 to promote safety and optimal outcomes in equine-assisted activities and therapies (EAAT) for individuals with special needs. At 877 member centers, more than 62,400 children and adults, including 5,500 veterans, may find improved health, wellness and a sense of pride, independence and fun through involvement with horses. Therapeutic horsemanship at member centers may include hippotherapy, equine-facilitated mental health, driving, interactive vaulting, trail riding, competition, ground work and stable management. Through a wide variety of educational resources, the association helps individuals start and maintain successful EAAT programs. There are nearly 55,000 volunteers, 4,846 instructors, 7,546 equines and thousands of contributors from all over the world helping people at PATH Intl. Member Centers.