This is an inaugural unique event that brings together Master Horsemen from various disciplines on the same stage for two solid days of clinics intended for horse owners, trainers and riders. Guests can expect to invest a weekend of their time in order to reap a lifetime of better experiences and connection with their horses.
Jonathan Field and Friends intend to stage this as an annual event, and they have designed this conference as a co-operative, cross-discipline, educational-style event that mixes in entertainment and a trade show. The conference concept centers around these horsemen as friends, sharing their knowledge and experience in a way that can only be achieved through the relaxed communication and camaraderie of horsemen interacting with each other, drawing upon past experiences and a shared love of horses. Special features in 2014 include a Rescue Horse makeover and challenge, Jonathan Field and his top Bridleless and Liberty horses, and thousands of dollars in giveaways.
Clinician – Horse Trainer – Cattleman – British Columbia
Jonathan is a gifted teacher, presenter and horseman with a driving passion to share his message. A message that is proving amazing results world wide, with the Field Horsemanship Program now being adopted in England, Ireland, Europe, Australia and all over North America.
Legendary Horseman – Jumping – Olympic Trainer – Florida
Considered a “founding father” of hunt seat equitation, George H. Morris is an American trainer and judge of horses and riders in the hunter/jumper disciplines.
Reining – World Champion – Clinician – Texas
Craig’s talent and experience as a clinician, coach, horse developer and trainer remain in constant high demand. Craig’s contribution to reining and horsemanship have been captured in his successful home study videos for reining hopefuls, “Basics of Reining.”
Clinician & Horseman – Cutting – Cow Horse – Colt Starter – Texas
Bruce’s focus is in the sports of cutting and reined cow horse, and he is a talented colt starter and foundation specialist. Bruce’s philosophy is to give the horse the freedom to be itself, and his goal is to teach the world to ride horses the way horses want to be ridden. Bruce is a regular visitor to the United Kingdom and presents his clinics around the world.
Horseman – DJ and Color Commentator – Australia
Nathan’s search for horsemanship knowledge has taken him around the world from Australia to the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and France. He shares his knowledge with others and was the head of the only Natural Horsemanship Bachelor’s degree in the world at the University of Montana. Nathan currently resides in Calgary, Alberta.
Entertainer – Emcee – Toronto
Herb created the “Superdogs Show” after owning Canada’s top show dog and winning more than 100 Best in Shows in Canada, the United States, Australia, England and Europe. As founder and host of the show for more than 35 years, he has entertained more than 50,000,000 fans in live performances in Canada, the United States, Puerto Rico and Bermuda. His interests are now focused on the magical world of horses.
Clinic topics to include:
• Natural horsemanship techniques to help you connect to your horse
• Young and difficult horse training
• Lead changes made easy
• Comfy canter
• Natural collection
• The ultimate partnership at liberty
• Problem solving with a challenging horse
• Jumping and reining strategies for every rider
• Advanced jumping and reining techniques and training tips
• Meet Jonathan’s herd and future stars!
• Learn and Be Inspired!
Agrium Western Event Centre
Agriculture is at the heart of the Calgary Stampede and the expansion activities underway with the Agrium Western Event Centre will provide a new focal point for agricultural events on Stampede Park.
One of the largest projects in our 100-year history, the Agrium Western Event Centre is a state-of-the-art facility for western events and agriculture education, exhibition and industry in southern Alberta. Designed to form a lasting connection between urban and rural communities, it will host an engaging, globally-focused educational program called Journey 2050, and it will play a central role in making the Calgary Stampede a year-round gathering place.
The Agrium Western Event Centre will be the new home for agricultural events on Stampede Park, hosting both regional and international competition, convention rodeos, and trade shows. The facility will include a 250’x150′ ft. show floor and 31,250 sq. ft. of clear-span space. It will also feature a 20,000 sq. ft. multipurpose hall, designed for competition, warm-up, trade shows, or exhibitions, as well as a magnificent 8,000 sq. ft. rotunda and entranceway.
Features in brief:
250′ x 125′ Show Arena
- Large arena for events that require the space, such show jumping, dressage and barrel racing, or to run simultaneous events within the same arena
- Allows events like team penning plenty of arena performance area with staging space alongside
- Arena seating for 3,200 including VIP suites, and stands with the right pitch for spectators wearing cowboy hats
- Concourse is fully open to main arena, ensuring great sight-lines throughout while accessing food and exhibits
20,000 sq. ft. Multi-purpose hall:
- Offers warm-up arena adjacent to main performance arena, can be used for smaller separate events or trade shows to accompany arena events
- Enables smaller events to stage their shows at the Agrium Western Event Centre and then grow their events to the size that merit booking the large arena
- Livestock pens and traffic areas under stands instead of through performance arena
- Adjacent multi-purpose warm-up arena with performance dirt and same-level ground throughout for optimal livestock and horse footing
- Outside building roof overhangs to protect penned livestock from sun and rain
- Direct access for participants and livestock to barn stalls through a no-traffic area
- Links with other Stampede developments to serve participants, including new bigger tunnel to infield livestock trailer parking, 1,200 additional stalls, RV Parking with amenities and improved Christie Bridge back entrance
Scheduled for completion before the 2014 10-day Stampede, the Agrium Western Event Centre will be an important milestone in the Calgary Stampede’s vision of becoming a world-class, year-round gathering place. Our key sponsor, Agrium, along with the governments of Alberta and Canada, has been instrumental in helping the Stampede elevate its agriculture and outreach programs by creating this world-class facility.
Education will play a pivotal role in the legacy of the Agrium Western Event Centre. The building’s rotunda will be the home of the Journey 2050 program–an inquiry-based educational experience for Calgary-and-area middle school children. This world-class program will challenge students to sustainably feed the world’s nine billion people by 2050 in a fun and interactive way.
Visit our website for more information http://www.corporate.calgarystampede.com/about/park-development/agrium-western-event-centre/.
For more information, please contact: Bonni Clark, Advisor, Corporate Communications
403-837-3663; email email@example.com.