The Kentucky Horse Council today announced an open search for the position of Executive Director. The details are as follows:
POSITION TITLE: Executive Director
FUNCTION: The Executive Director executes the strategic operational goals of the KHC in order to achieve its vision and mission as set forth in its bylaws and as governed by the Board of Directors.
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
HOURS: Full time, salaried, exempt position
RESPONSIBILITIES: In leading the KHC office, the Executive Director will have the overall responsibility and commensurate authority within the limits of the Bylaws, and policies to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Provides effective and proactive leadership for KHC.
- Develop state and national presence on behalf of KHC.
- Strategic planning and oversight of the implementation of short term and long term plans, projects and programs.
- Strategic oversight of the Office to include all business activities, personnel matters, and administration of service to members and volunteers.
- Communicates with all constituencies.
- Provides direction and oversight for the organization’s overall financial affairs. In cooperation with the Finance Committee and Treasurer, recommends annual budgets.
- Increase, strengthen and diversify KHC’s funding sources with the assistance of the Board, the Development Committee and appropriate outside resources.
- Oversees implementation of programs and policies approved by the Board of Directors and fulfills all contracts and commitments of the Board of Directors.
- Oversees the necessary support is provided to staff and committees to enable them to properly perform their functions. Sees that committee decisions and recommendations are approved by the Board of Directors when appropriate.
- Attends all Board of Directors, Executive and Personal Committee meetings unless otherwise excused, and assists the President and appropriate committees in planning and conducting Board of Directors’ and other official meetings of the organization.
- Provides strategic direction and coordination of all programs in the development and implementation of funds development activities, education and instructional programs, special events, and activities.
- Serves as an ambassador for KHC in a wide variety of settings.
- Provide strategic direction for KHC’s use of current and potential uses of technology.
- Serves as Chair of Program Action Committee, fosters collaborative environment with national office staff and volunteers, and convenes KHC staff and volunteers for implementation planning and planning sessions.
- All other duties assigned or requested by the President and/or Board of Directors.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or by mail to Kentucky Horse Council, 4037 Iron Works Parkway, Suite 120, Lexington, KY 40511.
Application deadline: February 15, 2015.
The Kentucky Horse Council is a non-profit organization dedicated, through education and leadership, to the protection and development of the Kentucky equine community. The Kentucky Horse Council provides educational programs and information, outreach and communication to Kentucky horse owners and enthusiasts, equine professional networking opportunities through KENA, trail riding advocacy, health and welfare programs, and personal liability insurance and other membership benefits. The specialty Kentucky Horse Council license plate, featuring a foal lying in the grass, provides the primary source of revenue for KHC programs.