LEXINGTON, KY — MAR. 15, 2013 — The United States Pony Clubs, Inc. is pleased to welcome several new Pony Club Riding Centers for 2013. New Riding Centers now offering Pony Club education to members include:
- Heron Mead Farm Pony Club Riding Center in Robesonia, PA; Eastern PA Region; Kari Stenberg, CA.
- Desert Equisports Pony Club Riding Center in Cave Creek, AZ; Southwest Region; Tiffany Aritz, CA.
- Saddlebrook Equestrian Center Pony Club Riding Center in Tomball, TX; Rio Grande Region; Alison Spurlin, CA.
- Will Star Riding Academy Pony Club Riding Center in Bemidji, MN; Northern Lakes Region; Crystal Shepard, CA.
- Jump 4 Joy Farm Pony Club Riding Center in Oregon City, OR; Oregon Region; Kim Alter, CA.
- Westside Stables Pony Club Riding Center in Hillsboro, OR; Oregon Region; Katie Cornwall, CA.
- Little Creek Farm Pony Club Riding Center in Decatur, GA; South Region; Dana McDaniel, CA.
You don’t have to own a horse to be in Pony Club. Because these Riding Centers offer access to a horse or pony as part of their business, members may participate in Pony Club activities just as if they own a horse. Additionally, adults wishing to take part in Pony Club educational opportunities may join a local Horsemasters Group.
Pony Club promotes teamwork, a sense of responsibility, safety, self-confidence and leadership, while teaching members riding and the care of horses. Members build upon their horsemanship by progressing through the Standards of Proficiencies and earning certifications as each level requires an increased depth of knowledge and skill. There are opportunities to compete through events such as Rallies and Championships, and to create friendships and skills that last a lifetime.
About Pony Club – The United States Pony Clubs, Inc. (Pony Club) was founded in 1954 as a nonprofit national youth organization to teach riding and horsemanship through a formal educational program. There are approximately 10,000 Pony Club members in over 600 clubs and riding centers throughout the country. Many of the nation’s top equestrians, including several of our Olympic team members, business professionals, government leaders and career military officers, have roots in Pony Club. Youth members range in age from as young as 4 through age 25. Pony Club also offers educational opportunities to over 500 adult members in its Horsemasters Program. www.ponyclub.org.