Kentucky Equine Research (KER) has made available a free guide to Nutritional Management of Metabolic Diseases. This guide was launched at the 2011 American Association of Equine Practitioner’s meeting and because of the high demand, copies ran out the first day.
Veterinarians and horse owners may log in or register at KER’s online library (Equinews.com) and download a free copy of the booklet.
The booklet was assembled by the nutritionists and veterinarians at KER. It includes practical feeding and management recommendations for the following diseases:
· Pituitary pars intermedia dysfunction (PPID or Cushing’s syndrome)
· Equine metabolic syndrome
· Exertional rhabdomyolysis
· Polysaccharide storage myopathy (PSSM)
· Malignant hyperthermia (MH)
· Hyperkalemic periodic paralysis (HYPP)
Kentucky Equine Research is an international equine nutrition, research, and consultation company serving both the horse owner and the feed industry. For more information visit ker.com or visit our online library of nutrition and health articles at Equinews.com. You can contact KER at 859-873-1988 or email@example.com.