Put it on your calendar! November 8-10 in Denver, CO, for the PATH Intl. Conference and Annual Meeting, presented by title sponsor Purina.
This conference, the premier event in equine-assisted activities and therapies, is sure to be an exciting one as we celebrate 50 years of providing professionalism and safety in EAAT.
The deadline is approaching to take advantage of early bird pricing! Register through August 30 at $440, a $135 discount off the onsite member price. Registration price for August 31 through October 18 is $540. Click here to register online. Or click here to download the registration form, and either mail, fax or email it to the PATH Intl. office. Registration questions? Contact Marsha Anderson.
Denver, with its beautiful mountains and 300 days of sunshine, is an ideal place to visit. Go to the website to find nearby restaurants and shopping as well as natural and historic attractions. For information about the host venue, the Westin Westminster, visit the conference website.
Keynote Speaker Jaycee Dugard
Jaycee Dugard has experienced firsthand the healing power of horses and will share a few stories about how they have helped her as well as the survivors helped by the JAYC Foundation in her presentation on Compassion, Self-care and the Power of Horses.
Five tracks offer 50 sessions over two days, including:
- Rider Form to Function with Lorrie Renker—Ensure that riders and horses are receiving the best instruction possible;
- Riding in the Moment: Enhancing the Quality of Life with Alexandra Whittey, Katye Zwelfka and Tamara Merritt—Why and how to develop an Alzheimer’s/dementia program;
- Getting Involved in Trail to Zero with Amber Eck, Jeanna Sorgani, Meggan Hill-McQueeney and Mitchell Reno—Learn how Trail to Zero, a 20-mile ride to raise awareness of veteran suicide and offer a solution through EAAT, began how to get involved.
- See all the sessions and descriptions on the website!
Here are more highlights of this Conference:
- The general session will provide opportunities to hear how PATH Intl. has progressed over 50 years—and how it will grow for the next 50.
- You only turn 50 once, so let’s party! A fun-filled 50th anniversary reception will celebrate the association, the members, the history and the incredible, life-changing field of EAAT. Join special guests from the past and present including past board of trustees presidents, board members and CEOs. Enjoy mingling with guests including keynote speaker Jaycee Dugard and mix it up with hors d’oeuvres, a cash bar and one complimentary drink ticket. (We’re still looking for a sponsor to provide more!) This will be a great opportunity to make a contribution to the PATH Intl. Disaster Relief Fund all while leaving time to enjoy the rest of the night with friends. (Additional ticket required; not included with registration.)
A registration form was mailed with the summer issue of PATH Intl. Stridesmagazine. For full session descriptions, a detailed schedule and to register online, please visit the website.
Visit These Confirmed Exhibitors
- AIM/Equine Network
- American Hippotherapy Association
- Certified Horsemanship Association
- Evergreen Results
- Freedom Rider
- High Hopes Therapeutic Riding
- Hoof Falls & Footfalls
- Horse Sense Solutions
- I Martin and Associates
- Institute for Human-Animal Connection at University of Denver
- Jaycee Dugard and the JAYC Foundation
- Leadership Adventures
- Lorrie Renker
- Markel Insurance
- National Snaffle Bit Association
- Stable Moments
- Trafalgar Square Books
Interested in sponsoring or exhibiting? Contact Cher Smith or download the exhibitor flyer. Learn more about the conference champion opportunities here.