Make learning fun again for your horse and create an interactive bond between the two of you with Enlightened Trick Horse Training.
Imagine A Horse, the global leader in teaching modern trick training is taking applications for the Spring 2014 Trick Horse Training Camps.
Modern Trick Horse Training is about creating a more intelligent, predictable and adaptable horse. It is about training the mind of the horse and combining gymnastic moves that create physical strength and range of motion. An adaptable horse is a safe horse.
Learn from Master Trick Horse Trainers Allen Pogue and Sue De Laurentis how to combine classical concepts and modern methods to create a high school horse and the Ultimate Companion Horse.
De Laurentis said, “Every student has hands-on instruction with a large troupe of exhibition horses in various levels of education. With our comprehensive format students learn effective methods in a condensed time frame with no need to bring a horse. It’s really about taking your new knowledge home and then teach your own horses”.
Attendance for Camp is limited to 12 individuals in addition to two working intern positions and one media position. The limited attendance assures that all will have plenty of hands-on training.
Sue said, “You’ll work with my husband, Allen Pogue, and myself, associate trainer Kristi Reavis and graduate assistant Mary Stewart.
The all new Trick Horse Companion Training Manual of over 100 pages with full color photos is included.
Here’s the curriculum:
- Pedestal Training techniques both in-hand and at Liberty including two legs up, all four legs up, two tier pedestals and many variations including the revolving pedestal.
- Tricks of Trust including the Obeisance, Bow, Kneel, Lay Down, Sit Up and Sit Down.
- Tricks of Agility including the Jambette or Salute, the Rear, using the target board, the climbing wall and many variations on the Agility Platform.
- Tricks of Gait such as the Spanish Walk, the March Step and how to maximize individual gait variations.
- Tricks of Engagement, including the Retrieve, herding and retrieving the big ball, and the smile.
- Liberty Training with one horse and then multiple horses, circus style.
You’ll learn modern and effective methods with an emphasis on equestrian tact, understanding how and why horses learn, and handler safety. Nuances of successful communication and performance will be applied to every situation.
Camp hours are 9 to 5 daily (four full days) and total price is $1,100.00. Accommodations are close by and RV hook ups are available at the ranch.