Lexington, KY- The United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) is pleased to announce plans for the 2013 USEF Dressage Developing Program. The Dressage Developing Program is made possible by a generous gift from Akiko Yamazaki and Red Husky Foundation through U.S. Equestrian Team Foundation. Debbie McDonald returns in 2013 as USEF Developing Coach, as the program seeks to identify talented, developing combinations with potential for future team and international success. The first step in this process will be to observe horses and riders at pre-determined observation competitions. From the observation competitions, combinations will be named to take part in mandatory outings, e.g., training sessions and/or clinics with Debbie McDonald. The end of the year goal for the program is to provide funding for these developing combinations European training and competition experience.
Anyone interested in being part of the 2013 Dressage Developing Program should plan to attend at least one of eight competitions selected for observation. At these competitions combinations will be observed by two selectors.
The following individuals have been named as selectors by the USEF High Performance Dressage Committee;
- Debbie McDonald, USEF Developing Coach
- Jeremy Steinberg, USEF Youth Coach
- Scott Hassler, USEF Young Horse Coach
- Anne Gribbons
- Lendon Gray
Observation Competitions include;
- Gold Coast Opener CDI-W/1*/U25 West Palm Beach, FL, January 17-20, 2013
- Mid-Winter Dressage Fair CDI-3*/1* Burbank, CA, February 21-24, 2013
- WEF Dressage Classic CDI-3*/1*/U25 Wellington FL, March 14-17, 2013
- Del Mar National Del Mar CDI-3* CA, April 25-28, 2013
- Houston Dressage Society Spring Classic CDI-3*/1* Katy, TX April 25-28, 2013
- USEF Developing Horse Championship Wayne, IL August 22-15, 2013
- NEDA Fall Festival Saugerties CDI-W/3*/1* NY, September 12-15, 2013
- USEF National Intermediaire I Dressage Championship (USEF Dressage Festival of Champions) Lexington, KY, October 10-13, 2013
Any competitor in the following classes at these competitions will be observed by at least two selectors;
- CDI Classes: Prix St. Georges, Intermediaire I and U-25 Young Adult Grand Prix
- National Classes: Developing Horse Prix St. Georges, Grand Prix and USEF "Brentina Cup" class
The selectors will be looking for up-and-coming talented combinations to move forward in the USEF Dressage Developing Program. The horses and riders would next take part in a mandatory outing and training session with McDonald. McDonald and another selector will work along-side riders' personal trainers to observe the combination's training.
Training grant information and an application process will be announced at a later date. The application process will include training, competition plans and European and International competition goals.
For further information regarding the 2013 USEF Dressage Developing Program visit; http://usef.org/documents/highPerformance/dressage/2013DevelopingDressageProgramforwebsite.pdf
For additional information please contact Jenny Van Wieren-Page at (859) 225-6949, or via email at email@example.com.