This position manages competition-oriented hunter programs that support the goals and objectives of USHJA and ensure the programs’ continued growth and success. As new programs are approved, the Managing Director of Hunter Programs will work closely with the volunteers and other staff, including the Program Development Director, to develop and implement those new programs.
This position requires a blend of supervisory and technical skills which include, but are not limited to the following: organization, creativity, writing, collaborating and communicating, coordinating, influencing and problem solving. The other critical aspect of this job involves continually switching roles from worker to supervisor, depending upon the requirements of the task; do it yourself or facilitate others doing it.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position places a major emphasis on program planning, management, implementation, coordination and evaluation.
Current programs include:
- World Championship Hunter Rider
- International Hunter Derby
- National Hunter Derby
- Pre-Green Incentive
- Pre-Green Challenge
- Hunterdon Cup
- Children’s & Adult Regional Hunter Championships
- Amateur Sportsmanship Award
- Owners Legacy Award
- USHJA Clinics at USEF Pony Finals
The Managing Director also acts as a liaison for assigned task forces, including the Hunter Working Group and travel to Hunter Program events throughout year, and keep website information current; oversees Hunter Programs budgets, coordinates promotion of programs and provides excellent customer service to the membership via email and phone regarding programs and events.
Required Education and/or Experience
- University graduate or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise.
- Minimum of five years of work experience preferably in the hunter/jumper competition environment.
- Working knowledge of the hunter/jumper horse competition environment.
- Working knowledge of USHJA and USEF preferred.
For a complete job description or to submit a cover letter and resume, please contact Jackie Neumann by e-mail at [email protected] or by calling 502-485-9675 x245.