Version 3.0 of the EQStable app from Zoetis offers new features based on user feedback.
“EQStable app users spoke and the Zoetis Equine Team listened,” said Kate Russo, marketing manager, U.S. Cattle and Equine Marketing, Zoetis. “The EQStable app updates are a direct result of the feedback received through the app, to offer the organization and health care information users want, in order to provide the best possible care for their horse or herd.”
The updated EQStable app is available for free at the Apple App Store. Among the new features is a deworming questionnaire to help horse owners determine their horse’s parasite risk profile and create an Individualized Deworming (ID) plan.
“The new AAEP Parasite Control Guidelines support that deworming paradigms have changed from the same rotation for every horse to a strategic approach with consideration to each horse’s individual risk factors," Russo said. "The Individualized Deworming Questionnaire was developed to assist horse owners in developing a current deworming approach. Each situation is different, so it important to work with your veterinarian to determine the appropriate seasonality and duration of all deworming products."
The app's functionality allows horse owners to set dates to stay on track with a current and properly timed deworming program.
The calendar reminders don’t stop with deworming. The app allows users to set specific dates and customize reminders healthcare, events and trips.
The new version also offers a tutorial video for using the app. It’s broken down by chapters so you can find sections of the video that are most useful to you.
Users can enjoy all of the updates the app has to offer:
- Deworming questionnaire: Changes are within the My Stable/Events/Deworming sections. This new questionnaire helps determine an ID plan for a horse or herd.
- Tutorial video: Simply tap the breakdown times to jump to sections of the video.
- Set specific dates for events: Changes within the My Stable/Events/Shoeing and Dentistry sections. Enter specific dates and customize reminders.
- Other events: Changes to the My Stable/Events/Other sections. Add other events from different sections; previously, it was pulled from the calendar only.
Continue to enjoy these key features of the EQStable app:
- Track My Ride: Lets riders track and save their rides with a ride history log. Riders can name each route and specify the horse they rode and share their ride with friends on Facebook.
- TheHorse.com News: Lists the latest equine industry stories, which users can read with one easy click.
- Horse Health: Features tips on deworming, vaccination, dentistry and shoeing for a horse or herd.
- GlobalVetLINK: Provides on-the-go access to digital health certificates (eCVIs), digital EIA (Coggins) certificates and GoPass six-month passports.
- Products: Lists photos and general information about each Zoetis product.
“The Zoetis Equine Team hopes that version 3.0 of the EQStable app delivers all of the improvements that users were asking for,” Russo said. “Now you can develop the right deworming program for your horse with the help of your veterinarian, never miss an important appointment and continue to share rides with your friends.”
Check out version 3.0 of the Zoetis EQStable app at zoetisUS.com/EQStable. Learn more about Zoetis by visiting zoetisUS.com. Stay connected with Zoetis and fellow equine enthusiasts on Facebook at Facebook.com/EQStable.
Zoetis (zō-EH-tis) is the leading animal health company, dedicated to supporting its customers and their businesses. Building on more than 60 years of experience in animal health, Zoetis discovers, develops, manufactures and markets veterinary vaccines and medicines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. In 2013, the company generated annual revenues of $4.6 billion. With approximately 9,800 employees worldwide at the beginning of 2014, Zoetis has a local presence in approximately 70 countries, including 28 manufacturing facilities in 11 countries. Its products serve veterinarians, livestock producers and people who raise and care for farm and companion animals in 120 countries. For more information, visit www.zoetisus.com.
Zoetis is the proud sponsor, with the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service and the American Veterinary Medical Association and the American Veterinary Medical Foundation, of the mobile educational exhibit Animal Connections: Our Journey Together. Families visiting the exhibit will explore the vast bonds between people and animals and learn about the important role veterinarians play in protecting animal and human health. For more information visit http://www.zoetis.com/animal-connections-tour.