Very few folks these days don't shop on Amazon, so our editors got together to offer these suggestions while you might be shopping during Amazon Prime days!
Links in articles are part of an Amazon Affiliate program that provides income to support this brand. Links are chosen by our editors.
Calf Sled/Ice Fishing Toboggan
One of the best items I've ever purchased for use around the farm is a "calf sled" or an "ice fishing sled." They are very study polyethylene (heavy-duty plastic that doesn't get brittle in cold), can be used year-round, and a square bale of hay fits in them perfectly (just tip the sled over, roll the bale in, tip it back up and pull it wherever you want). They are also great for hauling things (muck, tools, etc.) around the farm. Yes, they slide over snow, grass, gravel, sand or whatever other surface you have—this is a year-round tool. The rougher ground will scar up the bottom, but I've never worn a hole through one. There are several sizes, and keep in mind since the polyethylene is very thick, the larger ones are much heavier. While you can buy these at a farm store, they also can be delivered right to your door! Note that sometimes they ship with stickers, which you can remove (if you wish) by using a hair dryer to heat up the sticker and peel it off. Check out these to see which might fit your farm!
Shappell Jet Sled Junior $39.99
- Polyethylene multi-purpose sled
- Molded runners for strength and stability
- Specialty contoured hull allows easy pulling by hand
- Optional hitches allow towing by ATV or snowmobile
- Dimensions: L 42" x w 21" x H 8"
Shappel Jet Ice Fishing Sled $49.99
- Features. Model Number: JS1. Ideal for ice fishing or transporting deer, firewood, traps or feed.
- Rugged polyethylene construction. Molded runners for strength and stability. Specially contoured hull allows easy pulling by hand.
- Dimensions: L 54" x W 24".
And of course there are the other items that you always need and can stock up on for yourself or buy as "stocking stuffers" for your favorite equestrienne.
- Soild Brass
- Durable and long lasting
- Makes cleaning feet super easy
- Handy to carry with you in your pocket.
- 7Cr17 High Carbon Stainless Steel Clip Point Blade and Hoof Pick Blade with Nail Pulls
- Old Timer Sawcut Handles with Nickel Silver Bolsters
- Brass Pins, and Heat Treated Back Springs
- Blade Length: 3.1 inch (7.9 cm) Handle Length: 3.9 inch (9.9 cm)
- GUARANTEED: This product is covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty. For questions or warranty contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Heavy Duty Wheel Barrow
- Load capacity: 400 lbs, Load size: 7 cubic feet
- Weight: 35 lbs, High-impact polyethylene tub
- Overall Dimensions: 50" X 28" X 29", Body Dimensions: 37" x 27" x 16"
- Tire size: 15" x 4" x 8", Wide rugged wide-track rubber tires, Shielded ball bearings
- Safe, all-natural, Non-Toxic horse stall Refresher that eliminates harmful ammonia odor
- Safeguards respiratory health
- Quickly absorbs moisture extending the life of the bedding
Stall Card Holder
- Dimensions: Overall: 11" x 6.75" Card Holder: 4.2" x 6.75"
- Color: Silver and Black
- Package Dimensions : 8 x 5 x 2 inches; 2 Pounds
- Manufacturer : JT International
Equine business owners can create an Amazon Business Account.