Each year the United States Eventing Association hosts a national championship for all levels and ages competing in the Olympic equestrian sport of Eventing. The prestigious Nutrena USEA American Eventing Championships, presented by VTO Saddlery are quickly approaching. Better known as the “AEC,” this is the pinnacle of events for young, adult, and professional riders in the United States.
This year the championships will take place from September 24-27 at the Texas Rose Horse Park in Tyler, Texas.
Eventing is referred to as an equestrian triathlon. Consisting of three different phases--dressage, cross country and show jumping--and finishing with a final and cumulative score, it requires a talented horse and rider combination. Each phase shows a difference skill set: dressage illustrates elegant movement and precision, cross country requires endurance and tenacity and finally show jumping is an example of fitness and accuracy required on the final day.
The AEC provides entertainment for an audience of all ages as well as fierce competition and camaraderie among entrants vying to be named the best in the nation at their respective level.
The AEC also boasts:
- $250,000 in prizes and cash
- A select group of as many as 650 qualified competitors
- Shopping opportunities at over 50 of some of the most unique and wide-ranged vendor booths in the country
- The USA’s top riders competing in the Adequan USEA Gold Cup Championship advanced division
- Saturday night competitor’s party; which is open to spectators and includes a mechanical bull tournament and moon bounce
- Located only a mile off of the main highway I-20
Come out for a day to enjoy the beautiful Texas countryside and witness some of the best horses and riders in the country. If you are new to Eventing and would like to learn more, please visit www.discovereventing.com, or our website at http://useventing.com/aec/aboutaec to see what it’s all about.