FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — JAN. 8, 2012 — Do you have used tack, riding apparel, or horse equipment that you no longer use and would like to turn into cash? Are you seeking used tack or equipment because you have a new horse . . . or you’re riding your horse in a new discipline? Are you a first-time horse owner who needs to outfit your horse . . . or yourself? Have you or your children outgrown your show clothes … and do you need to invest in new riding apparel for the upcoming show season?
Make plans now to both buy and sell what you need from April 11-14 at the Marketplace at Equine Affaire—a brand new store featuring quality consignments for both horse and rider! At the Marketplace you’ll have a unique opportunity to market your unwanted items for up to four days to the tens of thousands of avid horsemen who attend Equine Affaire . . . as well as browse through a vast array of consigned items and discover bargains on the things you need to get ready for the upcoming riding season. Where else can you find more potential buyers for your unwanted equine and equestrian items while also enjoying the ultimate horse-related educational program and equestrian shopping experience than Equine Affaire--the largest “horse fest” in North America?
The Marketplace at Equine Affaire will be featured in the center of the Bricker Annex at the Ohio Expo Center in Columbus, and merchandise will be presented for sale in a spacious and traditional retail setting that horse enthusiasts will appreciate. Take a break from advertising your items online and let the staff at the Marketplace display and sell your tack, apparel, and other horse-related items to customers who will be able to see your items first hand and make their purchases on site. Equine Affaire’s staff will take care of selling your consignments while you enjoy Equine Affaire’s fantastic program of clinics, seminars, and demos—and then pay you in cash for sales made at the event! With cash in hand, you’ll have additional spending power to shop for used items at the Marketplace and new merchandise at Equine Affaire’s phenomenal trade show. Best of all, the consignment fees at the Marketplace will be lower than those at other consignment venues in the region!
Consigning will be easy . . .
You may register to consign items at the Marketplace either in advance or at Equine Affaire. If you complete the consignment forms and register in advance, you’ll save $5 on the registration fee, and the consignment process will be expedited when you arrive at event . . . giving event attendees more time to see and purchase your items and giving you more time to enjoy Equine Affaire! Consignment forms are available online or by calling Equine Affaire; the deadline for advance registration is April 5th.
Each consignor will pay a non-refundable consignment registration fee in order to open a consignment account and receive a consignment number. The registration fee will be $5, if you pre-register before the event, and $10, if you register at the event. The registration fee must be paid in cash at the time of consignment. The Marketplace will retain a consignment fee in the amount of 35% of the purchase price of each item sold at a price of $200 or less, 30% of the purchase price of each item sold at a price of $201-$499, and 25% of the purchase price of each item sold at a price of $500 or more. The consignment fee will be based on the selling price before taxes and will be deducted from the total amount paid to you. (The Marketplace will collect all required sales taxes on behalf of consignors and forward this tax revenue to the state.)
- Consignment drop-off and pick-up hours will be from 9:00am-5:00pm on Thursday through Saturday and from 9:00am-4:00pm on Sunday.
- Consignors must be at least 18 years of age.
- Each consignor may consign a maximum of 15 items.
- Each consigned item must have an asking price of at least $15.
- All items consigned must be clean and in good, serviceable condition. The Marketplace at Equine Affaire reserves the right to reject any item that it deems inappropriate for consignment because of poor overall condition, an obvious defect, or lack of cleanliness.
- Consignors will be responsible for pricing their items, and the price listed on the consignment tag will remain in effect until the item is sold or removed from consignment. At the time of consignment consignors will have the option to sign up for an automatic price reduction of 25% that will go into effect at 9:00am on Sunday.
- Consignors will be responsible for placing price tags on their items. The Marketplace will provide the price tags and the zip ties and pins needed to attach the price tags.
- When unsold items are removed from consignment, the consignor’s account will be closed, the Marketplace at Equine Affaire will provide an accounting of all items sold that will include dates of sale, selling prices, taxes collected, consignment fees withheld, and final amount owed to the consignor. The Marketplace at Equine Affaire will issue payment in cash for the total amount owed.
- All consigned items MUST be picked up before 4:00pm on Sunday or the consigned property will be considered to be abandoned by the consigner and will become the property of the Marketplace at Equine Affaire which will donate the abandoned property to horse rescue organizations.
Shopping for quality consigned items will be easy . . .
The Marketplace at Equine Affaire will be open for sales on Thursday, April 11, from 11:00am-7:00pm, on Friday and Saturday, April 12-13, from 9:00am-7:00pm, and on Sunday, April 14, from 9:00am-3:00pm. Merchandise will be organized and displayed to make finding the items you are seeking easy and purchases may be made in cash or by credit card (Visa, MC, Discover). All sales will be final; no returns will be permitted; no checks.
For detailed information on the Marketplace at Equine Affaire including consignment guidelines, consignment forms, and a list of items that will be accepted for consignment, visit www.equineaffaire.com, click on the Ohio event, and follow the “Participate” link to the Marketplace page. Or contact Kristen Gump at (740) 845-0085 ext. 104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.