Auctions are always fun and this is one you won’t want to miss! The nonprofit, Parelli Foundation’s“Road to the Summit” auction website is now live. You can join in the fun by placing your bids on one or more of the six high quality, Parelli-trained, Atwood Ranch horses. There’s even a buy-it-now price available online for the horses. In addition, there are other auction items, including donated services with Licensed Parelli Professionals, Pat Parelli celebrity chinks and Barnum and Bailey custom designed jewelry. To learn more, go to: www.BiddingOwl.com/RoadToTheSummit.
“This year, we’ve expanded the offerings on the auction website,” explains Parelli Foundation Executive Director Lori Northrup. “We heard from so many of our supporters that they’d like additional opportunities to support the Foundation, so it made sense to add to our auction offerings.” Seventy percent of the proceeds from the sale of the horses will go to the nonprofit, 501(c)(3) Parelli Foundation. The remaining 30% will go to the Parelli Professionals who have been working with the horses during the past year, to help offset the costs of feed, veterinary, horse care and travel that they have incurred. All monies raised from the additional items will go to the Parelli Foundation to support its mission areas.
The auction website includes details about all of the items, as well as photos, short bios, and links to additional information about the horses and the Parelli Professionals that are partnered with them. The auction began on August 1, 2015, and will close at the end of the Savvy Summit Celebration on September 13, 2015. (The Summit takes place September 11-13 at the Parelli Pagosa Springs, Colorado campus.) Final bidding will take place in person, by smart phone, tablet device or computer.
The major sponsors of this year’s Summit include:
- The Atwood Ranch, who donated the six high-quality horses for last year’s and this year’s Summit. Go to: www.AtwoodRanchNaturally.com
- The Licensed Parelli Professionals who are volunteering their time and talent to develop these horses into outstanding partners and who are a great example of what natural horsemanship is all about.
- Priefert Ranch Equipment is a leading innovator in the livestock industry serving American farmers and ranchers for more than 50 years. They are the number one name in farm, ranch and rodeo equipment. Go to: www.Priefert.com
- Friends of Sound Horses, Inc. is a charitable, nonprofit 501(c)3 membership organization for those interested in gaited horses, enjoying your horse or interested in competing. FOSH is a national leader in promoting and protecting gaited horses. For more information, go to www.Fosh.info
- McCabe’s Repair & Welding in beautiful Pagosa Springs, CO, has been in business for 25 years and provides service and repair for trailers and vehicles. It is known for being fair and providing high quality work. Check out their Facebook page.
- Young Living Essential Oils has been a world leader in essential oils for animals and humans for 20 years. To learn more go to: www.essentialoilsforus.com
- Starry Knight Friesians is dedicated to the love of the Friesian Horse and Natural Horsemanship. www.starryknightfriesians.com
For more information about the Road to the Summit Celebration, go to: www.ParelliFoundation.org Want to learn more about the horses, the trainers, and their RTTS journey? Check out videos, photos and more at the Parelli Foundation website or the Summit’s Facebook page: Natural Horsemanship Challenge – Road to the Summit.
The Parelli Foundation is an independent, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization for the natural horsemanship community that focuses on education for youth horsemanship; therapeutic horsemanship; horse welfare; and scholarships for the talented and for career-minded individuals. It follows the principles of Parelli Natural Horsemanship (PNH) but operates independently of PNH. The Parelli Foundation (previously named the Parelli Education Institute) earned the “Gold Level” designation from GuideStar, USA, Inc.; an information service specializing in reporting on U.S. nonprofit companies. Out of 1.5 million nonprofits, less than 5,000 have achieved Gold Level status. Donors to the Parelli Foundation can be assured their investments are being used wisely and appropriately, with contributions tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.vTo learn more, go to www.ParelliFoundation.org.