Want to have more fun with your horse and learn to hear what he’s saying to you? Imagine A Horse is now taking reservations for the October 2014 Trick Horse Training Camp.
Co-founder Suzanne De Laurentis said, “If you’re looking to strengthen the communication and bond you already have with your horse, consider Modern Trick Horse Training. It’s about creating a more intelligent, predictable and adaptable horse. It is about hearing what he is trying to tell you, educating him to desired responses and combining gymnastic moves that create physical strength and range of motion. An adaptable horse is a safe horse.”
Learn from Master Trick Horse Trainers Allen Pogue and Sue De Laurentis how to combine classical concepts and modern methods to create a high school horse and the Ultimate Companion Horse.
De Laurentis said, “Every student will have hands-on instruction with a large troupe of exhibition horses that vary in levels of finish. This is a wonderful format as the students learn effective methods in a condensed time frame with no need to bring a horse. You can take your new knowledge home and then teach your own horses.”
Attendance for Camp is limited to maximize the learning experience, and there is one media pass available. Everyone will have plenty of hands-on time with our troupe of exhibition horses.
Sue said, “You'll work with my husband, Allen Pogue, and myself, associate trainer Kristi Reavis, and graduate assistant Mary Stewart. The new Trick Horse Companion Training Manual of over 200 pages with full color photos is included.
Here’s the Curriculum:
- Pedestal Training techniques, both in-hand and at liberty using many shapes and sizes of pedestals including single and multi-tier pedestals, revolving pedestals and the agility platform
- Tricks of Trust, including the Obeisance, Bow, Kneel, Lay Down, Sit Up and Sit Down
- Tricks of Agility, the Jambette or Salute, the Rear, using the target board, the climbing wall
- Tricks of Gait, the Spanish Walk, the March Step and how to maximize individual gait variations
- Tricks of Engagement, the Retrieve, herding and retrieving the big ball, and the smile
- Liberty Training, with one horse and multiple horses, circus style.
You’ll learn modern and effective methods with an emphasis on equestrian tact, understanding how and why horses learn, and handler safety. Nuances of successful communication and performance will be applied to every situation.
Camp hours are 9 to 5 daily (4 full days), with breakfasts and lunches included for a total price of $1,150. Accommodations are close by and RV hook ups are available at the ranch.